Hiking, biking, kayaking, camping and more! Boy Scout Troop 449 is active in all seasons.
Some of our outings have included:
- Canoeing to Bear Island on the NC coast
- Smoking beef jerky in a smokehouse set up at a campsite near Chapel Hill
- Backpacking at Eno River State Park
- Biking and tubing at New River Trail State Park in Virginia
- City trips to Charleston, SC and Asheville, NC
- Competing in the cardboard boat regatta at Camporee at Camp Campbell on Kerr Lake
- Spending a day rafting and rock climbing at the National Whitewater Center in Charlotte
- Hiking to the top of Stone Mountain, NC
- + much more
There’s something for everyone; come join us!